Treat your house like your baby and it would let you stay in its heart forever!
Every house is a kingdom to the person who stays in it. It doesn’t matter if you have a small house or a big one, all that matters is that it is well-maintained and you do your best to keep it beautiful. You know what’s the best thing about having hardwood flooring in your house? You don’t have to spend a lot of time in maintaining or cleaning your house; with the help of a few things, you can maintain the look of your flooring just the way it is.
Read below for the top 12 tips to maintain the hardwood flooring in your house:
- Make sure you place a mat before your kids paint on the floor: Hardwood flooring has a feature – it doesn’t get stained easily. However, this does not mean you don’t have to take care of the same. Kids love to paint and there is no way in which you can stop them from doing what they want to. In fact, you shouldn’t, either. Let them borrow talents from Picasso and do all that they wish to; the only thing you need to do is find ways in which you can protect the flooring of your house. Before they sit to paint all that they have in their minds, place a mat on which they can sit and paint so that even if they spill the colors they have in their hands, the flooring is not hampered at all.
- If the dirt settles on the surface of the ground, it damages the look of your flooring: Even if you live in a cold city, dirt is bound to enter into your house and settle on the surface of your hardwood flooring. Don’t think that the dirt can do nothing to the flooring of your house; it can kill the entire look of your flooring. Make sure you adopt different ways to clean the floor, so that you maintain your house in the most efficient and effective ways.
- Broom the floor every alternate day: Have you got a broom in your house? You don’t have to be a witch or a wizard to have one! Jokes apart, but the old and traditional ways are always great to keep your hardwood flooring neat and clean. Instead of vacuuming the floor of your house, use a broom for the process of cleaning. Cleaning the floor with the help of a broom is also an amazing exercise for your entire body.
- Hardwood flooring doesn’t get scratched easily, but avoid walking with high heeled shoes; prefer wearing soft slippers at home: High heeled shoes are amazing, aren’t they? You may have a lot of women coming into your house, wearing high heeled shoes; they look gorgeous when they wear such sandals. However, such sandals hamper the surface of your hardwood flooring. You can’t say a word to the guests who unknowingly scratch your floor, but you can always take precautions all by yourself. Make sure you don’t get your high heeled shoes on the floor of your house; also, you can always request your friends to remove their shoes outside your house and provide them with soft slippers the moment they enter into your house.
- Train your pets to stay on their cushions when they are inside the house: If you don’t want the hair of your pets everywhere on the floor of your house, make sure you train them to stay on their cushions or right in the tiny shelters you have created for them. Let them know they have their own house and that’s the place they need to be in.
- Use mats or carpets to avoid hampering the look of your flooring: Sometimes, you don’t realize how the flooring has scratches or stains. In order to avoid such things, it is better to keep the flooring as covered as possible. Use mats and large carpets so that the flooring is protected and you are not worried about its appearance.
- Avoid pushing or pulling the heavy furniture on the floor of your house: We love having amazing interiors for the sake of which we keep loading our house with different things. However, I suggest you not to pull or push the heavy furniture you have in your house or you may end up having a lot of scratches on the flooring. Hardwood flooring doesn’t get scratched easily, but that doesn’t mean you can handle it roughly. If you want the flooring to maintain its polished appearance, take good care of it.
- Use air sofas or couches if you have hardwood flooring: Sick and tired of the heavy couch you have on the flooring of your living room? Don’t worry – air sofas are here to enhance the appearance of your house and protect your floor! There are a lot of companies that manufacture air sofas and couches; buy a few of such furniture and your flooring will remain as it is for a long period of time.
- Don’t let the scratchy soils at the bottom of your shoes hamper the protective topcoat finish of your flooring: You may think the soil at the bottom of your shoes can never hamper the surface of your hardwood flooring, but there are a few particles that are sharp enough to scratch the floor. Make sure you clean your shoes before entering your house.
- Hire someone to clean the flooring at least once in a while: We all are working individuals; let’s face it – we don’t have enough time to clean the hardwood flooring of our house over and over again. For the sake of your house and to get rid of the dullness of your flooring, the best thing to do is hire a professional company to conduct the cleaning process in your house. Most of the cleaning companies send their professional teams to clean your house; if a team comes for the cleaning process, it finishes the work in half the time it takes for an individual person.
- Make sure you take professional help and advice to get the best look for your hardwood flooring: If you think you already know everything about the hardwood flooring in your house and the ways to keep it clean, you have got to listen to the advices of professionals in the field. A professional person gives the most wonderful tips and advices to you to help you keep your hardwood flooring neat, clean, tidy and maintained.
- Clean the flooring with the help of good floor cleaning solutions available in the market: There are a lot of floor cleaning solutions in the market; all you need to do is buy a few of them and keep them in the storeroom of your house. Add a few drops of a good floor cleaning solution into a bucket of water and sweep the hardwood flooring at least once in a week. If you live in a city where a lot of dirt and dust settles on the floor, use the solutions to clean the floor at least twice a week.