The base on which a home is built upon determines how long it will last, therefore, one must never settle for anything lesser in this regard. Now, what is the base upon which your home is built? It is the one aspect which guests put their eyes on when they enter your house, and that is inarguably the flooring! Needless to mention, the flooring of any property is one of the most important aspects of the interior scheme. It can work wonders in transforming your house or property into an architectural dream if executed properly while, if done the wrong way can, in fact, cause detrimental side effects.
When you are on the quest of deciding the right flooring for your home, the best bet is to simply knock on the wood. Hardwood floors are one of the most classic flooring options and they remain to be the leading quintessential model of flooring options to this date! Are you new to the concept of hardwood floors? Worry not; this general guidance will help you in becoming a master of all jacks in no time.
Learning how hardwood flooring remains to be the best flooring choice of all
Hardwood flooring has been a prime flooring option since centuries and still manages to be a popular choice amongst property developers and homeowners. Constructed out of natural hardwood, this natural product is shaped into planks, strips or wooden tiles for the purposes of flooring, and holds the potential of transcending the property into a regal and chic beauty.
As hardwood floors offer an array of pros and advantages, here are some of those mentioned in details.
- Every homeowner is guaranteed to fall for the regal and classy charm which hardwood floors primarily create - Hardwood floors are one of the leading flooring options because of its ability to create a timeless classic beauty which remains fashionable for the ages. Adding the feature of complimenting any home décor accent, hardwood floors turn the dream of every homeowner into a reality in terms of décor.
- Versatility is one of its finest suits and so is easy maintenance - Hardwood flooring is truly a dream come true for every buyer simply since it demands no troublesome maintenance issues. Caring for your hardwood floors require a vacuuming every often and cleaning with a wood cleaner to retain the polish. Furthermore, hardwood floors are widely known for its versatile ability to adapt to different decors and accents as it comes in plenty of options.
- A quality long term investment, hardwood floors contribute to a healthier indoor air quality - there is a reason why potential buyers hardly ever doubt the cash they need to spend when it comes to hardwood floors. There is no better investment than in hardwood flooring, wherein the long run it hikes up the property value highly. Furthermore, hardwood flooring comes with better acoustics hence, avoiding the vibrations and hollow sounds when installed. Being comprised of natural hardwood, hardwood floors provide a healthier indoor atmosphere than carpets or other flooring options. It does not retail pollen, dust, allergens and animal dander neither does hardwood floors have fibers or grout lines.
- Hardwood floors notch up the property value than any other alternatives - Providing the effortless beauty, hardwood floors also extend an upgrade when it comes to the property value. Home and business properties with hardwood flooring find more appraisals where buyers willingly agree to pay the top dollar. Alternatives such as carpets are hardly capable of it.
- Hardwood floors provide a variety of options to choose from to suit every interior décor styles - If you have specific and unique needs for your flooring, then you will find hardwood floor options satisfying your requirements effortlessly. Coming in a wide range of species, shades, stains, and styles, you also find unfinished and pre- finished hardwood floors to choose from.
The range of hardwood flooring available for every potential buyer
Hardwood flooring provides enduring and classy looks. However, one of the most advantageous pros for every buyer is the range of options to choose from. Here is a brief guide to the types of wood flooring you will find:
- In terms of the species - Hardwood floors are constructed from a versatile species of wood to accustom the styles and needs of different decors. Oak, maple, and cherry flooring help to provide a regal and majestic ambiance. While, walnut, mahogany, ash and bamboo are some of the common choices for those who aim for simplicity. If you are looking for some exotic options to try from, there are jarrah, mesquite, and teak as well.
- In terms of installation - In the case of installations, you will find the solid hardwood flooring, which like its name is an all wood ¾ to 5/8 inches thick. It is durable, can be refinished over the long run and can be sanded. While engineered hardwood floors are several layers of real wood glued together. Often used in case of basements, this is an excellent choice for more humidity prone areas of your home.
- In terms of the finish - Unfinished or finishing hardwood flooring? If you are looking for custom stains and protective layers of finish, then the unfinished hardwood floor is what you must choose. For example, in the case of kitchen unfinished hardwood flooring is the right choice. However, in the case of ready to walk flooring requirements, the factory sealed no odor and VOC prefinished hardwood flooring helps save much time during installations.
In any case, an important tip is to ascertain the source of your hardwood floors and make sure it comes from sustainably harvested forests.
Tips to select the right hardwood floor for your property
In order to find the most suitable hardwood floors for your home or business property, here are the factors to consider.
- The budget - considering your budget is highly important since this helps you find the range of hardwood floors within which you will choose.
- The lifestyle that the property will have - the nature of the lifestyle determines the amount of wear and tear the floors will have to endure. Therefore, if it is a heavy traffic area, then solid hardwood floors are a good choice.
A quick maintenance guide for hardwood floors
Retaining the luster and quality of your hardwood floors takes absolutely no effort. A routine cleaning helps you to protect the appearance and characteristics of your floor for years to come. Few quick tips which work wonders in extending the durability and longevity of your hardwood floors are as follows:
- Dusting with the help of a mop or a cloth helps you to protect the surface against scratches and removing dirt that is trapped.
- A simple vacuuming will help you to retain the quality of the floor. Remember to check that the wheels of the vacuum cleaner do not damage the floors through scratches.
- To protect your hardwood floors from losing its shine, use a damp mop once every month with a hardwood floor cleaners to clean the floor.
- Place a mat at the entrance of your property and protect your floors by putting self- adhesive felt- pads at the bottom of your furniture to stay away from scratches and stains.