As you lay your feet on the flooring of a someone’s house, you either feel disgusted because of the hard material that rubs against the soles of your feet or feel amazing because of the smooth surface of the material that gently kisses your feet. You can either impress a person or destruct the entire image he has about you in his mind, by the flooring of your house. This is one of the reasons why most of the people prefer hardwood flooring in their houses. People want their homes to look gorgeous and flawless; what can enhance the appearance of your house than hardwood flooring?
It doesn’t matter if you have recently shifted to a new house or have been thinking of renovating the floor of your old house; all that matters is that you select hardwood flooring from the list of all those materials that are used to build the floor in the house. There are other materials and then there is hardwood flooring, which has uncountable benefits that get you amazed the moment you read about them.
We are here to tell you everything about hardwood flooring. Read below to know more about it:
What is hardwood flooring?
Wood flooring is commonly found in most of the houses in different countries. Since there is nothing better than such flooring, people prefer having it in their houses. Generally, timber is used to get that perfect hardwood flooring for the house. There are different cuts, styles, colors and materials available in hardwood flooring and people are allowed to choose what they want to, from the huge list.
Even if you have a little bit of knowledge about hardwood flooring, it is always good to take a professional advice before using the information you have in your hands. Make sure you talk to someone who has been in the field of hardwood flooring since quite a few years, so that you get a good advice from him. Professionals visit your house, take a look around the rooms and help you get the best for your house.
How do you maintain hardwood flooring?
There are different ways in which you can easily maintain the hardwood flooring you have in your house. All you need to do is make sure you use the following tips and elongate the life of the flooring:
- Keep the flooring as clean as possible. No matter how clean your city is, dust is bound to enter into your house (through open doors and windows) and settle on the polished surface of your hardwood flooring. When dust particles settle on the flooring of your house, the surface appears dull and untidy. When people visit you, they feel terrible looking at the dullness of your floor. Thus, it is always good to vacuum, broom or sweep your house, whenever you can. Even if you clean your hardwood flooring once in three days, it’s okay!
- Use good cleaning solutions to clean the flooring of your house; you have to make sure you buy a popular cleaning solution since most of the people trust brands that have a name in the market. Such solutions have chemicals that get back the lost shine of your hardwood flooring.
- Hardwood flooring needs to be taken care of; don’t let your kids scratch the floor by a knife or scissors, even if the scissors are specially designed for kids of their age. There are times when sharp objects hamper the appearance of your flooring and that’s the last thing you would want to happen to your house. Make sure you place a mat before the kids sit and play on the floor and kill the polished look of the house.
- Instead of wearing sharp shoes at home, it is always good to wear slippers that have soft soles. Wear such slippers so that sharp sands do not enter into your house and hamper the look of your hardwood flooring. Yes – sharp particles have the ability to scratch the floor of your house, even if it is made from timber or any other wood. Therefore, keep the floor as neat and tidy as possible.
- The biggest mistake people do is depending on self to clean the flooring. Don’t do that – there are days when you have no time to eat food; how are you planning to clean the house to maintain its look? It is always good to take help from a professional company that provides you with a huge team for cleaning the floor of your house. Of course you can’t afford hiring a company over and over again, but if you can hire a team at least once in six months, the flooring will maintain its charm for a longer period of time.
What are the features of hardwood flooring?
Here are all the features of hardwood flooring that you need to know:
Hardwood flooring does not get scratched easily. Unless you give a knife in someone’s hand and tell him to hamper the look of the flooring, there is no way in which it gets scratched. The flooring is coated with a special material that ensures it doesn’t get scratched, easily.
Hardwood flooring is popular because no matter what kind of stains it has, you can have them cleaned in no time at all. All you need is a good cleaning solution and a few efforts to have them cleaned and VOILA – the flawless look of your hardwood flooring will return in a few minutes!
It is quite easy for an individual to maintain his house if he has hardwood flooring. Even if you have pets at home, you can clean the hair on the floor in no time at all. Use your vacuum cleaner and get the lost shine back!
Most of the flooring materials are quite expensive, but hardwood flooring is created to give you high quality flooring at affordable rates. This is one of the best features of this flooring and hence it is commonly used.
Why hardwood flooring?
Because it is all that you need to get the best look for your entire house.
It doesn’t matter where you live, if you have hardwood flooring installed in your house, you don’t need to work hard on the rest of the interiors. Such flooring is said to have its own impression on the minds of people, thanks to which they remember your house for as long as they live. Yes – there are a few houses that impress the guests so much that they never forget their look; that’s the impact and effect of hardwood flooring.
If you are planning to change the look of your house, the best thing to do is change the flooring; replace the old flooring with hardwood flooring and get rid of the monotony you have had all this while.
Let people go GAGA over what you have in your house because they didn’t churn their thoughts to get the look that your house has; let them feel you are way above them because you have a class – that’s what hardwood flooring does to people – it makes them realize their class and yours.